GLASS INSULATORS 210KN
Toughened or tempered glass bells are produced with a process of controlled thermal treatment to increase its strength compared
to normal glass. There are pre-stresses induced to the glass bell via a quick but controlledcooling of the heated glass. This tempering
puts the outside surface into compression and inside surface into tension. Any sudden mechanical or electrical shock causes the bell
to break into small defined particles and not into splinters like regular glass.
U 210 B
U 210 BP
Minimum mechanical failing load (kN)
Spacing (S) mm
Diameter (D) mm
Creepage Distance (mm)
Standard coupling IEC-60120
Power frequency withstand voltage
Dry lightning impulse withstand voltage (kV)
Puncture voltage in oil (kV)
Approx. unit net weight (kg)
No. of insulators wooden crate
Type Tests and Special Tests
For each type of toughened glass insulator, there are available type test reports and special test reports in accordance with applicable
standards. Our laboratory technicians also collaborate with these institutions in order to perform said tests on both individual
insulators and complete strings.
These reports serve to demonstrate, once again, the quality and reliability of our products. They are regularly updated and are available
to any client who wishes to consult them.
Suspension insulator components
Suspension insulators consist of the following elements:
- One dielectric made of toughened glass with the appropriate properties and shape for the environmental conditions in which it must
- One hot-dip galvanized nodular or ductile malleable cast iron cap.
- One hot-dip galvanized forged steel pin.
- The cap and pin are assembled on the glass piece using aluminous cement with the appropriate properties to withstand the thermo-
- Lastly, the insulator cap has a stainless steel or phosphor bronze locking device (split pin) which secures the coupling of the units.
Similarly, the pins may be protected using an anti-corrosion zinc sleeve (sacrificial anode), when requested.
This zinc sleeve is strongly recommended for insulators which are going to be used in lines with heavy pollution.
Insulators for direct current lines are always supplied with this sleeve.